Whois TV: A Comprehensive Guide on How to Perform a Whois Lookup for .TV Domains
Have you ever wondered who owns a certain .tv domain or IP address? Or maybe you are interested in registering a .tv domain for your own website or blog. If so, you might want to perform a whoislookup for .tv domains and IPs.
A whois lookup is a simple and effective way to find out various information about a domain name or an IP address, such as the owner details, the registration and expiry dates, the name servers, the administrative and technical contacts, the location, the ISP, and more.
But what is .tv and why is it so popular? .tv is the country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for [Tuvalu], a small island nation in the Pacific Ocean. However, .tv is not only used by Tuvaluans, but also by many media and entertainment websites around the world, as it stands for television.
In this article, we will provide you with a comprehensive guide on how to perform a whois lookup for .tv domains and IPs, and what information you can obtain from it. Whether you are a domain owner, a potential buyer, a researcher, or just curious, this article will help you learn everything you need to know about whois lookups for .tv domains and IPs.
How to Perform a Whois Lookup for .TV Domains
There are two types of whois services that you can use to perform a whois lookup for .tv domains: a registry whois and a registrar whois. A registry whois is the official database of all registered domains under a certain top-leveldomain (TLD), such as .tv. A registrar whois is the database of a specific domain name registrar that sells domains under a certain TLD.
Both types of whois services are important for .tv domains, as they can provide different kinds of information. Here is how you can use them:
- To use the official .tv registry whois service, you need to visit the website of VeriSign, the company that operates the .tv registry. There, you can enter the domain name that you want to look up in the search box and click on “Search”. You will then see the results of your query, which include the following information:
- Sponsoring organization: The name of the registrar that sold the domain name.
- Administrative contact: The name and email address of the person or organization that is responsible for managing the domain name.
- Technical contact: The name and email address of the person or organization that is responsible for maintaining the domain name.
- Name servers: The names and IP addresses of the servers that host the domain name.
- Domain status: The current state of the domain name, such as active, expired, suspended, etc.
- To use a third-party whois service, such as Fudomains whois information or Whois.com, you need to visit their websites and enter the domain name that you want to look up in the search box. You will then see the results of your query, which include additional information that is not available from the registry whois service, such as:
- Domain registration date: The date when the domain name was first registered.
- Domain expiry date: The date when the domain name will expire unless renewed.
- Owner details: The name, address, phone number, and email address of the person or organization that owns the domain name.
- Current registrar: The name of the registrar that currently manages the domain name.
Using different whois services for .tv domains has its advantages and disadvantages. For example, using the registry whois service can give you more accurate and up-to-date information about the domain status and name servers, while using a third-party whois service can give you more detailed information about the owner and registrar. However, using either service can also expose your personal information to other parties, such as spammers or scammers.
Therefore, you need to be careful when choosing which whois service to use for .tv domains. Some tips that can help you are:
- Use a reputable and reliable whois service that has good reviews and ratings from other users.
- Use a proxy or VPN service to hide your IP address and location when performing a whois lookup.
- Use a disposable email address or a contact form to communicate with the owner or registrar of a domain name that you are interested in buying or selling.
- Use a domain privacy service to protect your own personal information from being displayed in public whois records.
How to Perform a Whois Lookup for .TV IPs
An IP address is a unique numerical identifier that is assigned to every device that connects to the internet. An IP address can be related to a domain name in two ways: either it is used as a name server for a domain name, or it is used as a host for a website or a service that is associated with a domain name.
To perform a whois lookup for .tv IPs, you need to use an IP lookup tool, such as IPinfo.io or WhatIsMyIPAddress.com. These tools can help you find out various information about an IP address, such as:
- Location: The country, region, city, and postal code of the IP address.
- ISP: The name of the internet service provider that owns or operates the IP address.
- Hostname: The name of the device or server that uses the IP address.
- ASN: The autonomous system number that identifies the network that the IP address belongs to.
- Blacklist: The status of the IP address in terms of being blocked or reported for malicious activities.
To use an IP lookup tool, you need to visit their websites and enter the IP address that you want to look up in the search box. You will then see the results of your query, which include the information mentioned above.
Here are some examples of .tv IPs and their corresponding whois information:
- 22.214.171.124: This is the IP address of one of the name servers for whois.tv, a third-party whois service for .tv domains. According to IPinfo.io, this IP address is located in Australia, and is owned by Trellian Pty. Limited, a web development company.
- 126.96.36.199: This is the IP address of one of the hosts for tv.com, a popular website that provides information and reviews about television shows and movies. According to WhatIsMyIPAddress.com, this IP address is located in the United States, and is operated by Cloudflare, Inc., a web performance and security company.
- 188.8.131.52: This is the IP address of one of the hosts for tuvalu.tv, the official website of Tuvalu, the country that owns the .tv ccTLD. According to IPinfo.io, this IP address is located in Israel, and is owned by Wix.com Ltd., a web development platform.
To use IPlookup tools effectively, you need to be aware of some factors that can affect the accuracy and reliability of the results. Some tips that can help you are:
- Use multiple IP lookup tools to cross-check and verify the information that you obtain from each tool.
- Use a reverse DNS lookup tool to find out the domain name that is associated with an IP address, or vice versa.
- Use a traceroute tool to find out the path and hops that an IP packet takes from your device to an IP address, or vice versa.
- Use a geolocation tool to find out the physical location of an IP address on a map.
Whois tv FAQs
Here are some of the most common questions related to whois lookups for .tv domains and IPs, based on the people also ask section for the main keyword.
What is the most searched thing on Google ever?
According to Google Trends, the most searched thing on Google ever is “YouTube”, followed by “Facebook”, “Google”, “Gmail”, and “Amazon”. These are all popular websites that have millions or billions of users around the world.
How do I find available domains through the Whois database?
You can use a domain availability checker tool, such as Fudomains.com/whois, to find out if a domain name is available or not. You just need to enter the domain name that you want to check in the search box and click on “Search”. You will then see if the domain name is available for registration or not. If it is available, you can proceed to register it with your preferred registrar. If it is not available, you can try another domain name or use a domain suggestion tool to find similar or alternative domain names.
Why are some entries hidden in my Whois domain lookup?
Some entries are hidden in your whois domain lookup because the owner or registrar of the domain name has opted for a domain privacy service. A domain privacy service is a feature that allows you to hide your personal information from being displayed in public whois records. This can help you protect your online identity and prevent unwanted spam or harassment from other parties.
How do I keep my Whois information updated?
You need to keep your whois information updated by contacting your registrar and providing them with your current contact details. This is important for several reasons, such as:
- To comply with ICANN’s rules and regulations regarding accurate and complete whois information.
- To avoid losing your domain name due to expiration or dispute resolution.
- To receive important notifications and communications from your registrar or other parties regarding your domain name.
- To maintain your domain security and prevent unauthorized transfers or changes.
What steps can I take to ensure my domain privacy is protected?
You can take several steps to ensure your domain privacy is protected, such as:
Use a reputable and trustworthy registrar that offers domain privacy services at reasonable prices or for free or as part of your domain registration package.
- Use a proxy or VPN service to hide your IP address and location when performing a whois lookup or accessing your domain name.
- Use a strong and unique password for your domain account and enable two-factor authentication if possible.
- Use a secure and encrypted connection (HTTPS) when accessing your domain name or your registrar’s website.
Use a reputable and reliable web hosting service that offers security features such as SSL certificates, malware scanning, firewall protection, etc.